Translate

Monday 9 December 2013

David Moyes says Manchester United can still win Premier League title


Manchester United boss David Moyes believes his side remain in the Premier League title race despite slumping to their fifth defeat of the campaign.

The reigning champions fell to their second straight home defeat to Newcastle on Saturday after going down to Everton in midweek.
United are currently languishing in ninth spot in the table and they could find themselves 15 points behind leaders Arsenal, should the Gunners beat Everton on Sunday.
Despite their current predicament Moyes insists it is too early to write off his own side's chances of winning the title.
"I stand firm we will be very close," insisted Moyes. "I hope we are in it at the end of the season."
When asked why he was so confident about their title chances, Moyes added: "The players - because I am working with the champions."
More Moyes Misery
Moyes was given a mixed reception by some fans at the end of the Newcastle game and the former Everton boss insists United's current struggles are not down to him changing thing too much since the departure of Sir Alex Ferguson.
"Change it? I don't think I've changed anything. It's the same players," added Moyes.
"I've brought one player in and I would have done that anyway. If I'd changed it, there might be something to be critical of, but we've gone along with basically the same players and introduced young Adnan (Januzaj) into the team, so I don't think we've made any changes.
"It's the same players that won the Premier League last year - everybody's aware of that."

No comments:

Post a Comment