Translate

Monday 10 February 2014

Yobo: I Want My Eagles Shirt Back!


--Norwich defender targets Nigeria return
Norwich City defender Joseph Yobo has set his sights on a return to the Nigeria set-up as he looks to force his way into the squad for the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil.

The Super Eagles' most capped player returned to England to join the Canaries in January after four years in Turkey with Fenerbahce.

After a confident debut performance in the 0-0 draw with title-chasers Manchester City on Saturday, the former Eagles skipper is looking to claim back his place he lost after the 2013 African Cup of Nations.

"It's been a while since I was involved with Nigeria. I haven't played for the Super Eagles since we became the champions of Africa," Yobo said after this weekend's Premier League match.

"I have spoken to (Stephen Keshi) and I think we are on equal basis now so I just have to perform well for Norwich City now and get my place back in the national team.

"I have been in the national team for so long. Captaining the national team gives me a special feeling and going to the World Cup for me will be an addition.

"I am here (in England) now and my priority now is Norwich City. Hopefully if I do well here, the national team (call up) will just be an addition. It will be a pleasure," he added.


No comments:

Post a Comment