Translate

Friday 21 March 2014

Keshi: Eagles Ball In Anichebe's Court

 
Super Eagles gaffer Stephen Keshi has reiterated his earlier stance that Victor Anichebe would be recalled to the Super Eagles when he decides to call off his national team sabbatical.
Keshi told Complete Sports that Anichebe told him when he first invited him to the Super Eagles camp that he wanted to take a break from national team duties and that he has to call to tell him that he is ready to return.

"It was Mikel Obi who called to inform me that Victor is ready to return to the Eagles and that he wants to talk with me and I gave him the permission to give him my telephone number.

"He has yet to call me to declare if he is set to return to the Eagles and I don't know where they got that report that I have been talking with Anichebe about his returning to the national team,''Said Keshi,adding that the Eagles door is always open to good players who can add quality to the team.

"I have always said it that the Eagles door is open to all Nigerians to come and prove themselves. I will call any player that will add quality to the team."

"We need all our good players to be able to pick the best for the World Cup and I will not hesitate to invite any one that will help our cause to do well in Brazil," he concluded.

No comments:

Post a Comment