Translate

Monday 17 March 2014

Middlesbrough Boss Hails Omeruo

 
Middlesbrough boss Aitor Karanka has praised youthful central defender Kenneth Omeruo following another masterful display by the Nigerian at the weekend in a Championship game against Bournemouth.
Karanka believes Omeruo,who is on loan from Chelsea till the end of the season has shown maturity on the field despite his young age.

"Omeruo has been impressive for us.He has played more than his age .I'm not concerned with age, I've worked with the Spanish U17 team and I like to work with young people," he said.

"Veteran players obviously have more experience but if I can choose between a veteran or a young player I'll choose whichever one is better for the team - age doesn't matter."

Omeruo, 20,had to bid his time after joining the club on loan from Chelsea.

But injuries to Woodgate, Daniel Ayala and Seb Hines handed him an opportunity and he has been an impressive presence at the heart of the defence.

"He's taken his chance and is playing every week and each game he plays better and it's very important for the squad and for me and for his future," said Karanka.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment