Translate

Thursday 20 March 2014

Keshi Ready To Extend Eagles Contract

 
--Big Boss waits on NFF for contract talks
Super Eagles coach Stephen Keshi is waiting on the Nigeria Football Federation to open talks for a new contract with him ahead of the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.

Keshi who is being sought after by Angola and South Africa to handle their national teams has eight months left on the contract he signed in November 2011.

"I have not even given it a thought that I need to sign a new contract before the World Cup like other coaches have done or are intending to do before Brazil in June," Keshi told Complete Sports.

"I have my sights set on the Super Eagles doing well at the World Cup in Brazil and I believe that the bigwigs in the NFF must be doing something about that now. To  tell you the truth, it never occurred to me that I should  tidy up my future with the Eagles before the World Cup."

He denied knowledge of any move by South Africa, Angola or any other country to contract him after the World Cup, adding that he loves his job and will like to consolidate on the gains of the past few years.

The former Togo and Mali coach who spoke with Complete Sports from his home in California, USA said that he is happy to coach the Super Eagles and is willing to continue the good job he has done in making the Super Eagles a brand in the world.

"I might have had some little hiccups with the NFF but I have enjoyed my time as Super Eagles coach and I want to complete the rebuilding process I started. Nigeria is my country and I can do anything for her," he stated.

Asked if the NFF will offer Keshi a new contract before the World Cup, the Chairman of the technical and Development committee, Mr Chris Green, said the body will look into that when the time comes.

"Well, we have not given the contract thing a thought but we would look at the merits of renewing his contract," he stated.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment