Translate

Monday 17 March 2014

Keshi: Yobo Must Earn His W/Cup Place


Super Eagles skipper Joseph Yobo who missed the friendly with Mexico through injury will be given another opportunity to make the World Cup squad, coach Stephen Keshi has told Complete Sports.


Keshi said that he had wanted to use the Mexico game to see how Yobo will fare in the Super Eagles he last played for in January 2013 but that was not to be as the Nowich FC defender opted out through injury.

"Yobo called me after a league game to inform that he copped a muscle injury and could therefore not be available for Mexico and I excused him from the game and we had to quickly replace him with Leon Balogun," Keshi explained.

"Balogun proved himself before he got injured and will surely get another chance to fight for a place on the plane to Brazil. He gives us more options in defence. I am happy Yobo is playing regular football week in week out and if he proves himself of course in the build-up to Brazil he would surely be selected for the World Cup."

He continued: "I am in contact with almost all the players I might need for the World Cup and I also monitor their games.  The World Cup is for best players and I'll give any player that will add to the team a chance to make the list."

 

No comments:

Post a Comment