Translate

Thursday 8 May 2014

'I will fight the battle of my life' - Babatunde vows to make final team

Michael Babatunde

The Ukraine-based midfielder has vowed to perform creditably in order to be part of Stephen Keshi's final World Cup squad
EXCLUSIVE
By Shemmy Sholabomi

World Cup invitee Michael Babatunde has vowed to play himself into Stephen Keshi's final 23-man squad to Brazil next month.
The Volyn Lutsk midfielder was a surprise inclusion in the provisional list of 30 players announced by the Nigeria Football Fededration on Tuesday. He has made two substitute appearances for Nigeria.
The 21-year-old will fight for a place in the middle of the field as he hopes to reach the Mundial that will start on June 12.
“Firstly I thank Almighty God for making the list of 30 for the team’s camping for the World Cup," Babatunde tod Goal.
" I also sincerely thank the chief coach who is like a father to me and the rest of my colleagues and I am using this medium to say that I will fight the battle of my life in training at the camp and also work extra hard to make the final list. 
"This is the only way the chief coach will be happy and not regret giving me this opportunity to prove myself,” he said.
The midfielder who has scored twice in 21 appearances for Volyn gave credit to his club coach Vitaliy Kvartsyanyi for encouraging him to stay ahead in his career while in and out of training sessions. 
Babatunde said that the retired Soviet football player has been the brain behind his surge of form since joining the team.
“My Club (FC Volyn Lutsk) Coach Vitaliy Kvartsyanyi has always encouraged me to put in my all in both training sessions and matches that I played for the club saying you never can tell who is watching," said Babatunde. 
"He told me that football is a practical thing and the world is a global village where nothing is hidden any more. 
"He told me that  if I continue to do well with Volyn, the national team selector may come for me and that is what has happened now."

No comments:

Post a Comment