Translate

Friday 2 May 2014

Obasi: Brazil 2014 Not Do Or Die For Me


Schalke 04 of Germany forward, Chinedu Obasi insists it is not a matter of life and death for him to go to next month’s FIFA World Cup in Brazil.
Obasi is one of the most talented offensive players Nigeria has produced in recent years and one of the few presently playing for a big club in Europe.

‘I will love to go to the World Cup,who wouldn’t,’’began the player in an exclusive chat with Complete Sports from his base in Germany.

‘If the opportunity comes,I’ll grab it with both hands and if it does not,I will take it as the way God wants it,’he said and thanked God for giving him the opportunity to be discussing the possibility of playing at the World Cup again.

‘A few months back I never imagined I could be the one talking about going to the World Cup.So I want to thank God the bestower of life for making me play football again.’’

Obasi is confident he will be a good addition to the squad if he gets the coach’s nod but does not want to get obsessed with talks about making the team.

‘My teammates at Schalke will be surprised if I don’t make the team because they feel I have been in good form since the start of the second half of the season,’he revealed adding that Nigerians should back the Eagles at the World Cup irrespective of who and who are chosen to wear the green and white jersey.

No comments:

Post a Comment