Translate

Friday 22 November 2013

Brandon Rios angered at suggestions he is a tune-up fight for Manny Pacquiao

Manny Pacquiao and Brandon Rios will clash in Macau on Saturday
Manny Pacquiao and Brandon Rios will clash in Macau on Saturday
Brandon Rios is determined to ruin Manny Pacquiao's plans for future fights with arch-rival Juan Manuel Marquez and Floyd Mayweather.

Pacquiao faces former WBA lightweight champion Rios in a non-title welterweight contest in Macau on Saturday night.
However Pacquiao has already been linked to a rematch with Marquez, who knocked him out last year, as well as a mega-money fight with undefeated pound-for-pound king Mayweather.
Rios, though, has been angered by suggestions that he is nothing more than a stepping stone back to the top for Pacquiao, who has lost his past two fights.
"This is the best shape I have ever been," said the 27-year-old, who has a 31-1-1 record.
"I'm nobody's tune-up fight. I'm nobody's punching bag - a punching bag doesn't punch back.

Monster

"Sunday, you're going to find out I'm not going to stop. I'm a monster when I get in that ring."
Successive losses to Timothy Bradley and Marquez means Pacquiao's career would effectively be over should he be beaten by Rios.
And the 34-year insists that is all the motivation he needs heading into the fight.
"Brandon Rios says he's hungry to win this fight and I also say I'm hungry to win this fight because I've lost twice last year," Pacquiao said.
Pacquiao has also been left unimpressed after his trainer Freddie Roach was kicked by Rios' conditioning coach Alex Ariza during a clash on Wednesday.
Ariza also mocked Roach, who suffers from Parkinson's, for his slurred speech - and Pacquiao has vowed to do his talking in the ring.
"All I can say is both teams prepared for this fight. Let this finish in the ring and not in trash talk before the fight," said Pacquiao.
"Let's set a good example to all the people who admire boxing. All I can say is this is sports. This is nothing personal, we are doing our job in the ring. Anyone who has a grievance should forgive as the Lord forgives."

No comments:

Post a Comment