Translate

Friday 22 November 2013

Ikechukwu Uche wants a return to the Super Eagles

Ikechukwu begs for Eagles return
The former Zaragoza striker is hoping that national team coaches consider him for the senior squad again after being left out since the end of the 2013 Afcon



Nigeria forward Ikechukwu Uche has not given up on playing for Nigeria despite being overlooked by the senior team coaches since the end of the African Cup of Nations in February.
Ikechukwu was part of the Super Eagles squad to South Africa where he contributed his own quota in attackas Nigeria lifted their 3rd title.
But the lad, who was impressive during the qualifiers for the 2013 Nations Cup was not invited for the Fifa Confederations’ Cup and subsequent World Cup qualifiers during their search for a Brazil 2014 ticket.
“I’ll see what I can do here. If I do well at Villarreal, then I’ll have my chances and in the end, it’s up to the national team manager to decide. I’m focused on my daily work and know that I will have options,” Uche told Inside Spanish Football.
 “I have to keep up the same work and goals, which is what is asked of me. I’m scoring and I want to keep doing that, though the primary thing is to think about the team and that we can keep getting good results, as we have in recent weeks,” he concluded.

No comments:

Post a Comment