Translate

Thursday 21 November 2013

Simon Dyson to play in SA Open as he awaits disciplinary hearing

Simon Dyson: Could be banned after rules breach in China
Simon Dyson: Could be banned after rules breach in China
Simon Dyson will return to action at this week's South African Open despite facing the prospect of a European Tour suspension.

The Englishman was disqualified from last month's BMW Masters in Shanghai after he was deemed to have touched the line of his putt on the eighth green in the second round.
Having marked his ball four feet from the hole, he appeared to press down a spike mark with his ball - an offence the tournament committee were alerted to by television viewers.

Live on Sky Sports

  • Live European Tour Golf

  • 2013 South African Open Championship: Day One
  • November 21, 2013 1:30pm
  • Sky Sports 4 HD
Dyson's actions incurred a two-shot penalty, which he failed to add to his card before signing, leading to his disqualification.
He now faces a disciplinary hearing in December, and he withdrew from the recent Turkish Airways Open but he has decided to play in this week's opening event of the new European Tour season in Gauteng.
The 35-year-old has maintained his actions in Shanghai were an accidental mistake, but after being charged with a serious rules breach he could be handed a ban at his hearing next month.

Early starters

Dyson will be among the early starters in South Africa, teeing off alongside home hopefuls James Kamte and Allan Versveld at 7.10am on Thursday, local time.
"I want to win the SA Open, but I'm not going to put pressure on myself, that's unnecessary. If it doesn't happen now then I'll win it some other time."
Simon Dyson
Former Masters champion Charl Schwartzel is the firm favourite for a title he has never won, and he hopes put that right against a mediocre field this week.
The 29-year-old said: "I want to win the SA Open, but I'm not going to put pressure on myself, that's unnecessary. If it doesn't happen now then I'll win it some other time.
"I know how to win but you can't get ahead of yourself. Being considered one of the favourites is a confidence boost and I can feed off others' confidence in me.
"I've prepared well and if I play well, then I know I can win."
Follow Dyson's progress when live coverage of the South African Open starts on Thursday at 8.30am on Sky Sports 4

No comments:

Post a Comment