Translate

Monday 25 November 2013

Exclusive - Groves brands stoppage a 'disgrace' and vows to fight Froch 'anyplace, anytime, anywhere'


George Groves has branded Howard Foster’s decision to stop his fight with Carl Froch a ‘disgrace’ and insists he will take on the Cobra again ‘anytime, anyplace, anywhere’.
And now, a day and a half later, he is even angrier at the way the contest was halted.
Groves told Colin Murray: “I’m actually more angry this morning. At the time you call it how you feel because you’ve not had a chance to watch it back, but I have now had a chance to watch it back and it was a disgraceful decision. He [the ref] clearly got carried away with the hype.
“I proved I belong at a world class level and proved Carl Froch is not the superstar he claims to be, and the first time he had a tiny bit of success the referee jumped in.
“You could see in the pictures I was fighting two men at that point because the ref had me in a headlock when Froch was still swinging! It was sickening."
The clamour has now begun for the two super-middleweights to meet again next year and it seems almost inevitable that match will now be made with Froch’s WBA and IBF world title belts on the line once more.
And Groves insists the 36-year-old Nottingham hero has nowhere else to go.
“I ended Froch’s career,” he added. “He’s got two options now - a re-match with me or retire, because no British fan, no matter what Carl Froch says or what’s in the papers, will accept anything else.
"It wouldn't surprise me he if he retires. The man took a fundamental beating. He was petrified from the start.
“I will fight Froch anyplace, anytime, anywhere.”

No comments:

Post a Comment