Translate

Friday 22 November 2013

Sunday Stephen eyes Eagles return


Former Super Eagles invitee and Bnei Yehuda of Isreal midfielder, Sunday Obayan Stephen has declared his intention to make a return to the fold of the Super Eagles of Nigeria. 
The former Numancia of Spain midfielder stated in an interview with www.brilafm.net that he still has more than enough to give to the team, led by Stephen Okechukwu Keshi, while also congratulating the team after they booked qualification for next year's world cup in Brazil.

The former Spain youth international revealed that he spoke with the Eagles' gaffer after Nigeria’s friendly with Mexico prior to the FIFA Confederations cup in the month of June this year.

"Firstly I would love to congratulate them, the Eagles players, the coaching crew and Nigerians for the feat achieved in qualifying for the world cup next year in Brazil”.

“We have really worked hard to be where we are, but I still believe we can get to where we want to be, and I am looking to play for the national team, I hope to be back in the squad as its every players dream and I sincerely believe I have a lot to give to the national team, the Super Eagles, if the opportunity is given to me” he declared.

“I spoke with the gaffer after the match against Mexico, but really don’t know what went wrong after that. I believe if given the opportunity, I will give my very best”.

The 25 year old player also talked about the weekend’s game in the Israeli Premier League against Maccabi Pekthaktiva, describing it as a difficult game, but backed his team to scale through

“I think it will be difficult, after losing at home, it will be tough, besides our opponents are also fighting relegation, but working hand in hand, we will come out in flying colors”.

The Lagos born player also spoke about how he’s adapting to his new environment, following his move from Spain, and the goals he has outlined to achieve with his current club side, especially qualifying the team to play in Europe come next season.

“It’s a drastic change entirely, everything new, but I just have to take things the way they come, I and my we have to take it a step at a time, but I believe I will settle down well. We taking the games one at a time.

"My main target is t qualify the team for Europe this season, that’s my personal goal, Collectively, it’s to help the team avoid relegation, and I believe it is very possible”, he concluded.

No comments:

Post a Comment