Translate

Friday 29 November 2013

Utaka Hat-trick Can't Save Chinese Club


Peter Utaka scored a hat-trick but it was not enough to get his club into the Chinese cup final.
Utaka’s Chinese club Beijing Guoan lost 6-3 to Guangzhou Evergrande on Wednesday in the semi-final second leg clash.
"I did all I could to see that we win the game, but it didn't work out. We fought hard as a team, but it was unfortunate that my hat-trick was not enough to take us to the cup final," Utaka told MTNFootball.com

"To be candid, Guangzhou Evergrande are the best team in Asia not only China, so that tells a lot about them and no team or individual player have scored three goals against them in a game this season.

"We all feel bad not to make it to the final, because we did our best to make it happen."
Peter Utaka ended the season with 18 goals.

"I wish to score more than what I have in my first season, which was 20 goals, but due to my transfer issues and weakness of body due to malaria. But still I am very happy with my goals.  I started the league on the slow lane, but I am hoping to do better next year." 

No comments:

Post a Comment