Translate

Thursday 10 April 2014

Onazi Rejects Spurs Rumours


Super Eagles of Nigeria and SS Lazio of Italy midfielder, Ogenyi Onazi has poured cold water on rumours linking him with a move to North London to join Tottenham Hotspurs.

Tottenham were rumoured to be in the forefront of English Premier League clubs jostling for the signature of the workaholic midfielder.

Liverpool and Everton were also reported to have made enquiries about the combative star with the Toffees reportedly having a bid of around eight million euros rejected by Lazio.

Onazi, however, insists Lazio remain his primary focus for now.

"I don't dwell on rumors, I always concentrate on the issues at hand,"he stated when asked about the rumors.

"My primary focus is to help Lazio finish in a good position at the end of the season."

While Onazi is not thinking about a possible summer switch,his mind is in Brazil where he hopes to be a member of the Super Eagles team to the FIFA World Cup in June.

"It's my dream to be at the World Cup just like any other player," he enthused.

"I can't wait to test myself against the best in the world. I missed the Confederations Cup last year, but I hope to make the party to the World Cup,''he said and hailed his partnership with Chelsea of England star,Mikel Obi in the heart of Nigeria's midfield.

"Mikel is a fantastic player. I love playing with him. His vision is great. I think we will play well together if the coach deems it fit. We will make Nigeria proud," the Jos-born player told SuperSport.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment