Translate

Friday 25 April 2014

United Today: Press briefing

- Giggs says being appointed interim manager is “the proudest moment of my career”, adding: “I'm going to enjoy the remaining two-and-a-half weeks of the season and aim to bring back some smiles onto the faces of the fans.”

- He admits it’s been a “whirlwind week” and that “I can never imagine what you have to do and what being a Manchester United manager entails”.
- Giggs “can’t wait” for Saturday’s game against Norwich, which he’s looking forward to just as he did as a player. He expects Old Trafford to be “bouncing” and says all the United players are excited. “It's been a frustrating season and I want to end it on a high,” he adds.
- The caretaker boss reveals he’s still involved as a player and has trained this week.
- Giggs expects Norwich to be “a tough game with them fighting for their lives”. He says all the United players have looked sharp and “20-odd players are in with a chance”. Rafael and Robin van Persie are the only absentees.
- Giggs outlines what he wants from his team: “I want to see goals, tackles, players taking players on and getting the crowd up. I want the passion that should come with being a Manchester United player. I want players to play with passion, speed, tempo and be brave with imagination. I'll tell the players just to try to enjoy yourself, express yourself.” (JT)

No comments:

Post a Comment