Translate

Thursday 16 January 2014

IHEANACHO: I AM NOT DESPERATE FOR BRAZIL

Kelechi Iheanacho has unequivocally declared that he is not desperate to go to the world cup in Brazil.


The Most Valuable Player at last year's FIFA Under-17 World Cup in UAE who opted out of the Super Eagles camp to conclude his transfer to English Premier League side, Manchester City late last year in England said he would like to play for the Super Eagles one day but that it was not a do or die matter."I want to graduate to the Super Eagles one day but I am not desperate to go to the World Cup in Brazil. If I am considered good to be in the squad to Brazil, I will grab it with open arms but I am not desperate to go to Brazil.

"It is every player's dream to go to World Cup but one does not have to kill oneself to make the World Cup bound team. I know I will one day make the Super Eagles team so am not worried if I miss the flight to Brazil.

"I am young and still have many years ahead of me to go to World Cup. Brazil will no doubt be tough and I would love to be there with the Super Eagles but I leave it to God to guide,''he stated.

No comments:

Post a Comment