Translate

Friday 31 January 2014

S/African Supporter, Ian Juan: I Love Egusi, Ogbono Soups



I was amazed when South African businessman and Bafana Bafana supporter, Ian Juan informed us about his love for Nigerian dishes.

At Saul's Grill Burger Center, located at Sea Point, Green Point, Cape Town over looking the Indian Ocean, yours truly, in company of other Nigerian journalists covering CHAN met this interesting white man.

Juan noticing we were Nigerians, asked if we had tasted Nigerian food since we arrived South Africa.

Juan mentioned a certain restaurant managed by a Nigerian, where he became accustomed to delicious Nigerian dishes.

He told stories of the delicious egusi and ogbono soups, his favourite Nigerian delicacies.

"I eat egusi, I eat ogbono, but I love egusi soup more," Juan revealed, to the pleasant surprise of all of us; yours sincerely, Jacob Ajom, Adeyinka and two others.

The oyibo man in his sixties told stories of how he was infected with the Egusi and ogbono soups 'bug.'

"Many years ago, I lived in the top floor of a building where these dishes were prepared on the ground floor which was used as a restaurant.

"As the aroma kept traveling upstairs, one day I was tempted to taste the alluring meals and since then, I cani't do without egusi and or ogbono soups.

No comments:

Post a Comment