Translate

Wednesday 15 January 2014

Mitchell Johnson issues warning to England ahead of second ODI


Australia paceman Mitchell Johnson expects to be just as menacing in the one-day series when he returns against England on Friday.

Johnson was Australia's man of the series as they reclaimed the Ashes with a 5-0 whitewash, but selectors rested him for the six-wicket ODI win over England on Sunday.
v

Live International One-Day Cricket

Australia vs England

January 17, 2014, 3:00am

 Remote Record
The tourists struggled to cope with Johnson's raw pace in the Test format and he ended with 37 wickets at an average of 13.97.
He expects to enjoy similar success with the white ball and warned England to brace themselves for another barrage of fast-bowling in Friday's second ODI in Brisbane.
"I proved that in the last one-day series in India and in England," said Johnson.
"You can still use your short-pitched ball and be aggressive. I really enjoy bowling with the white ball, I think it swings a lot more and I think you can still be as intimidating with the white ball so it doesn't change a thing for me.
"It definitely makes a difference, being able to be a bowler that can bowl at that 150 mark. It definitely helps with the intimidation factor.
"There's more to it than that, just bowling fast. One-day cricket is a very skilful game and I'll be looking to use my skills in the one-day format."

Moustache

Johnson's handlebar moustache was one of the images of the Ashes series, but he shaved it off after earning £20,000 for charity.
"I really enjoy bowling with the white ball, I think it swings a lot more and I think you can still be as intimidating with the white ball so it doesn't change a thing for me."
Mitchell Johnson
He has suggested the 'mo' could return for upcoming matches against South Africa.
Johnson said: "No, just feels a bit strange. I'm looking in the mirror, it just doesn't feel right at the moment, but I'll be growing the mo back, it's on its way there now. For South Africa it will definitely be there.
"If I look back at the Ashes series and the mo, it definitely was intimidating at times. That's why I'm probably going to grow it for the Test series.
"I mean I miss it a little bit because it was with me for that good period of time, but the wife was very happy to shave it off. She doesn't like mos.
"I was able to get a nice kiss out of the wife."

No comments:

Post a Comment